Tuesday, June 16, 2009

SKETCH-OF-THE-DAY 074


O is for Oceanus

A sea god in Greek mythology, Oceanus was the son of Gaia and Uranus (hee hee hee....your anus....). As the personification of the river of the same name that circled the Earth (from which all other rivers flowed), he was the father of all other sea gods and nymphs except Poseidon. Dude did some fathering, eh? Child support must be a bitch.

I wasn't too interested in Oceanus at first as he was described as being an old man with bull horns. Wha? Upon slightly more research though, I found out his horns were actually crab claws and he had the body of a fish or snake. Sweet. You had me at crab claw horns......

8 comments:

  1. This is my fav sofar. Great stuff! Great textures. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I love his head and beard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome- I love the way you did the crab claw horns . I gotta look more into this Oceanus guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet merciful Lincoln, I love those crab-claw antlers! I love the whole thing! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody! The crab claw horns appear to be a hit - I can't take credit for it though - only in making them bigger and cooler looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, clever design all over this one. Love the crab claw horns!

    ReplyDelete